Operation Steps of Autoclave Sterilizer
The high-pressure steam sterilizer is a kind of disinfection and sterilization equipment that uses saturated pressure steam to sterilize items quickly and reliably, which is suitable for medical and health undertakings, scientific research, agriculture and other units. The high pressure steam sterilizers are divided into portable high pressure sterilizers, vertical pressure steam sterilizers, horizontal high pressure steam sterilizers, etc. according to the size of the style.
Operation steps of autoclave sterilizer:
1. First take out the inner sterilization barrel, and then add an appropriate amount of water into the outer pot to make the water surface level with the triangle shelf.
2. Put the sterilization barrel back and load the items to be sterilized. Be careful not to put too many items, so as not to hinder the flow of steam and affect the sterilization effect. Neither the Erlenmeyer flask nor the end of the test tube should be in contact with the barrel wall, so as to prevent the condensed water from drenching the paper around the mouth and penetrating the cotton plug.
3. Put on the cover and insert the exhaust hose on the cover into the exhaust slot of the inner sterilization barrel. Tighten the two opposite bolts at the same time in a pairwise symmetrical manner to make the bolts uniformly tight and avoid air leakage.
4. Use an electric stove or gas to heat, and at the same time open the exhaust valve to make the water boil to remove the cold air in the pot. After the cold air is completely exhausted, close the exhaust valve and make the temperature in the pot gradually rise as the steam pressure increases. When the pressure in the pot rises to the required pressure, the heat source is controlled to maintain the pressure for the required time.
5. When the time required for sterilization is up, cut off the power supply or turn off the gas to make the temperature in the sterilization pot drop naturally. When the pressure shown on the pressure gauge drops to 0, open the exhaust valve, loosen the bolt, open the cover, and take out the sterilized items. If the pressure does not drop to 0, open the exhaust valve, and the pressure in the pot will suddenly drop, causing the culture medium in the container to rush out of the mouth of the flask or test tube due to the imbalance of internal and external pressure, thus the cotton plug will be contaminated by the culture medium.
6. Put the removed sterilized medium into a 37°C incubator for 24 hours. If there is no growth of bacteria after inspection, it can be used.
The high-pressure steam sterilizer is mainly used to sterilize medical devices, dressings, glassware, solution cultures, etc. It can also be used as meal-steaming equipment in plateau areas and high-quality drinking water production equipment for enterprises and institutions, as well as a source of high-temperature steam.